Secret #1: I don't enjoy any fruit (other than melons & apples) raw. I have a really hard time getting past their textures. I kind of panic when I have eat them. It's weird, I know. So the only way I can get all the nutrients & antioxidants from fruit is to blend them up into smoothies/smoothie bowls! Hence, why I drink them all the time (and maybe how I ended up owning a smoothie bar??)
My favourite fruit to work with in smoothies are frozen (or fresh!) strawberries. I think they are perfect on their own and I eat a ton of them! Secret #2: my close friends & family order the "Jehna Smoothie" (no, I didn't name it that!) from SimplyWell, a "off-menu-secret-item" that people become obsessed with. Here's the recipe (if you can even call 3 items a recipe) and I highly advise you try it out!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 scoop Metagenics UltraInflamX Plus 360 (Mango)
- 1 scoop Botanica Superfruit Greens
- 1 cup water
If you're making into a smoothie bowl, these are the toppings I used:
- 2 tablespoon Sea Salt Manitoba Harvest Roasted Hemp Seeds
- 2 sliced strawberries
- Sprig of mint (I chopped it up and mixed it in after the photo)
- Add powders into blender (creates less of a mess if you do those first)
- Add strawberries
- Add water
- Blend on high for 2 minutes until smooth. Add more water if needed
- Add to cup or bowl
- Top with your fav toppings!
Let me know what you think! And yes, you can order this at SimplyWell! (Let me know if you think of a better name for it!) We also sell the protein & greens powder in-store!