This pasta is so delicious and nutritious! It is loaded with veggies, very versatile & has an abundance of good fibre. Fibre is so important in our diets. It's not often talked about and definitely underrated. People are often confused about where to find fibre, or what it is. To review the basics on fibre (how much, where to get it, how often to eat it), click here!
- 1 package pasta (I used gluten-free quinoa pasta from Costco)
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cup chopped brussel sprouts
- 1 onion (of choice)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Bring medium size pot of water to a boil.
- Chop all veggies (except for pea sprouts and chickpeas) coarsely, add all (except pea sports) to covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil & coat veggies in spices.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Once water is boiled, add pasta. Cook until desired texture.
- Drain pasta and add 2 table spoons olive oil, cover with lid and leave off the burner.
- When veggies are cooked, add to pot with pasta. Stir until blended.
- Taste! Add more spices if desired.
- Plate & top with pea sprouts (my favourite are from Patchwork Gardens!)
- Enjoy :)